Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Fight Starts Today










Good Morning. This is the first of many posts as my mom Linda begins her battle with cancer. In just over 5 hours, she will have surgery to remove a brain tumor. The doctors believe that the location and size of the tumor give a good chance of a successful and safe outcome. She also has what we believe to be a cancerous tumor in her lung, which leads the doctors to believe the cancer began in the lung and spread to her brain.

Mom is in great shape to begin this battle. I've said it over and over since we learned this shocking news 11 days ago, but I'll say it again: She is the best-equipped person I know for this fight. She is in great physical condition (she's been training for another marathon), she has the best emotional and spiritual outlook one could ever imagine, and she has a tremendous support group of family and friends. If anyone is up to the task to fight, it's my mom.

She enjoyed a day of relaxation, friends, and family today. She even played piano and sang for her youngest granddaughter, my niece Addison.

Mom has said she is at peace, and feels God's presence and comfort with her. She is ready for the battle to begin. Please keep her and my dad in your thoughts and prayers as she begins her journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment